The client needed to develop client facing teams across its sales channels to meet the demands of the changing customer, and customer buying behaviours patterns. At the same time, the client needed to build and boost the leadership succession pipeline and build future fit capabilities in
particular future fit client teams.
We partnered with one of the leading SA Business schools, and jointly conducted a series of Scoping and Discovery Sessions with stakeholders to understand:
- Internal drivers of change in terms of the organizational structure, operating model, performance management, processes (current sales process and methodology) and technology
- Changing customer profile and buying behaviour
- The requirements to collaborate across functional areas of expertise in an interdependent manner in pursuit of customer service excellence
- Levels of team effectiveness across the client teams
We used a set of assessments / diagnostics including the Future Fit index to establish current skill levels and to identify critical development areas. Together with the client and the Business School, we designed an appropriate learning programme with a focus on building future fit teams.
Customised modules were designed and developed – the Business School, focusing on a range of functional skills and the Future Fit Academy focusing on the required complementary future fit skills (more behavioural). The development programme combined the Business School modules with the Future Fit Skills modules. The programme included individual coaching sessions as well as an action
- Improved cross functional collaboration and efficiencies resulting in,
- Improved customer service and query resolution times
- Enhanced understanding of self and others in the context of team dynamics leading to,
- Reduced conflict and more accountability
- Proactive building of future fit high performing team